Friday, April 28, 2006

The Politics and Morality of Anti-Abortion

I agree to respect and protect human life from the moment of conception. I absolutely refuse to be a party to an abortion. I agree to publicize my views affirming the value of human life from its beginning to its end. I agree to use reason, eloquence, argument, parody, satire and moral suasion to support my views. I refuse to support politicians who favor the use of tax dollars to subsidize abortion, euthanasia or aggressive war.

I do not agree the Catechism of the Catholic Church creates an obligation to hold a gun to woman's head to force her to bring her pregnancy to term. I do not agree the Cathechism of the Catholic imposes the obligation to hire an agent to hold a gun to a woman's head to force her to bring her pregnancy to term. I do not agree the Cathechism of the Catholic Church creates an obligation to commission the ersatz agent we call a state to hold a gun to a woman's head and force her to bring her pregnancy to term.

State activity is inevitably morally problematic. This is due to the state's reliance on intrinsically evil means--theft, threats, extortion and violence--to fund its machinery and activities. The ends, however noble, don't justify the means.

Tony


In a message dated 4/28/2006 7:49:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time, alain1776@sbcglobal.net writes:
ABORTION

2270 Human life must be respected and protected absolutely from the moment of conception. From the first moment of his existence, a human being must be recognized as having the rights of a person- among which is the inviolable right of every innocent being to life.

http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p3s2c2a5.htm

CASE CLOSED, NO?

Alain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home