Friday, March 25, 2011

I've had positive ones--so over-the-top laudatory they made me blush--to ones so negative I felt like the laziest incompetent ever to walk the face of the earth. In fact, I've had both within months on the same job, when my appreciative (and keenly perceptive!) supervisor was forced out in a corporate shake-up and replaced by an illiterate but politically adept yuppie-scum upstart.

At best, performance reviews (aka, appraisals, evaluations, hatchetjobs) pit incomplete supervisory knowledge and selective recall against employees' natural pride in, and defensiveness about, their work. Isn't it high time we put the kibosh to this cruel, stilted and astonishingly cockamamie corporate ritual?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB127093422486175363.html

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home